WELCOME TO ST. VINCENT DE PAUL RELIGIOUS FORMATION!
Wednesday Class Times 4:30pm-5:45pm & 6:15pm-7:30pm for grades 1-8
Religious Formation Registration 2017-2018
If you are new to St. Vincent de Paul Religious Formation - To Register:
1. Register in the Parish (if you are not, click here.)
2. If you are registering a 1st grader, click pdf (179 KB) for New Family Registration form.
The following classes are full. Please sign up for the other class time.
The first night of class is Wednesday, August 30,2017. Parents, please plan to attend the first night with the children to meet their teacher, attend a parent session and then closing prayer service with students. Click pdf (159 KB)for the 2017-18 calendar.
Please click on the image below to see the latest information sent to parents.
NOTE! Grades 6-8 space is limited at 4:30, it is open ONLY to students who have younger siblings in Religious Formation who attend at that time. (If that doesn't work for you, you must attach a note to your registration stating the reason you need 4:30 class time.)
Is your child participating in extracurriculars next year? BOTH RELIGIOUS FORMATION CLASSES AND EXTRACURRICULARS ARE IMPORTANT TO OUR YOUTH... Early planning helps your student to do both! School sports practices are often after school until 6pm for junior high students. If your junior high student is thinking about going out for a sport at any time during the next school year, please register him/her for the 6:15 class time NOW. Class time availability is based on attaining the proper number of catechists. Students may not change class times after August 4th. Thank you for your cooperation! All students are expected to be at class the entire time. Late arrivals and early dismissals are discouraged.
Questions? Contact Jennifer McMahan, (402) 493-1642 or
Parent Help Needed-
Our volunteers make our Religious Formation program a success. Click here for Sign up Genius link to select dates to volunteer. We ask all parents to help at least 2 times during the Religious Formation year. Volunteer opportunities include:
Safe Environment Certification is required for volunteers except Traffic Safety.
Home Program Requirements:
1. Call and speak with Jennifer McMahan, Director of Religious Formation regarding the Home Program
2. Pick up your books, materials and Master Calendar on the first night of classes (in the Religious Formation office) and attend the parent meeting.
3. Parents are required to meet with the Director during the year, as called for. These "check in's" ensure that your student is progressing well, and that you have the materials needed to include special liturgical considerations during the year (Advent, Lent, Saints,etc.) These meetings will be announced via the email address you have provided.
4. Home program students are required to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation at least 2 times per school year.
5. Regular weekend Mass attendance for the family is expected.
6. Set a regular time at home to meet weekly, if at all possible.
7. Your student is welcome and encouraged to attend the Wednesday RE Masses, Adoration and Confession Times. Questions? Please contact the Religious Formation Office, 402-493-1642.