Mark your calendars! Our parish will be participating Totus Tuus on June 10-15, 2018!! Registration is now open - see below for forms!
Totus Tuus is a summer Catholic youth program dedicated to sharing the Gospel and promoting the Catholic faith through evangelization, catechesis, Christian witness, and Eucharistic worship. Our week-long Parish Summer Camp assists parents and parishes in the evangelizing and catechizing of their youth by supplementing the work they are already doing.
Fall 2018 Grades 1- 6 meet Monday through Friday, June 11-15, from 9:00am until 2:30pm.
Fall 2018 Grades 7-12 meet Sunday through Thursday, June 10-14, from 7:00pm until 9:00pm.
The theme for 2018 is "The Apostle's Creed".
The methodology, structure, content, and enthusiasm of Totus Tuus is concerned not only with teaching the faith, but also igniting the hearts of the team members and young people. The result has been the formation of young adults who continue to dedicate themselves to the Church’s mission of evangelization. The Archdiocese of Omaha has a team of young people who rotate to parishes in the diocese who come in and facilitate the week.
The mission of Totus Tuus is to inspire in young people a true longing for holiness, a deep desire for daily conversion, and openness to their vocation by constantly challenging them to give themselves entirely to Christ through Mary and by continually strengthening their prayer lives in imitation of Her.
The Five Marks of Totus Tuus
- Proclamation of the Gospel...to arouse faith.
- Explanation...examination of the reasons for our beliefs.
- Christian Witness...an experience of Christian living.
- Celebration of the Sacraments...especially Holy Eucharist and Confession.
- Active witness of the Missionary Nature of the Catholic Church.
The following forms are located on the right column:
- Participant form- One needed per family for participants in Grades 1-12
- Student volunteer form- For students in grades 8-12 to volunteer for June 11th-15th for grades 1-6. Volunteers are expected to arrive at 8:45am and leave at 2:45pm each day.
- Adult volunteer form- For adults to volunteer from June 11th-15th for grades 1-6. Volunteers age 19 and older must be Safe Environment trained by June 8th. See www.archomaha.com for information on how to become Safe Environment certified.
Any questions please contact the Religious Formation Office at (402)493-1642.