Catholic Charities ministers to the greatest and most fundamental needs of our community. Since 1926, Catholic Charities has had a rich tradition of serving and advocating for more than 100,000 voiceless, hungry, addicted, abused and forgotten individuals and families annually throughout the area.
Catholic Charities builds strong communities through our programs and services, advocacy, outreach, and education. More than 400 compassionate volunteers, staff, and board members comprise the driving force behind Catholic Charities of Omaha, NE, serving the 23 counties of the Omaha Archdiocese.
The programs are varied as new needs arise and represent a seamless continuum of care to address the needs of children, women and men at all stages of life.
At Catholic Charities, they . . .
- give shelter and safety to battered women and children
- feed the hungry
- assist immigrants during times of need
- develop new small business owners
- listen to and counsel people with mental illness
- offer a recovery plan to those suffering from addiction
- partner new mothers with experienced mentors
- promote health and recreation to children and seniors
- reunite adoptive families
- support and guide those faced with untimely pregnancies
- teach children, seniors and families life skills
More information is available at http://www.ccomaha.org/.